Road Safety Guidelines(27/06/2014)
Some safety recommendations and helpful tips to travel with complete peace of mind around the city using Coca-Cola Zero dublinbikes.
As is proper safety practice, the bikes are regularly serviced to ensure they are fit for their intended use at all times.
- Respect road signs and signals (red lights, one-way streets, stop signs, etc.).
- Rules of the Road apply to all road users.
- Do not cycle on footpaths.
- Cycle in single file even when cycling in a group.
- Signal changes of direction with your arm.
- Watch out for vehicle doors opening.
- Do not undertake vehicles if they are turning left.
- On the road, keep left. Unless specific paths are provided, you must follow this rule to ensure the safety of everyone on the road.
- Always consider your own safety and that of others at all times.
- Be aware of other cyclists and ensure they can always see you.
- Always look out for pedestrians, particularly at traffic lights and pedestrian crossings.
- Always be alert to what’s happening around you. Wearing headphones while cycling is not advised.
- When you brake in an emergency, keep your weight on the saddle.
Advice from Coca-Cola Zero dublinbikes
Before you set out, here are some helpful tips to make your journey comfortable and safe.
- Adjust the saddle to waist level; you should be able to put your feet on the ground.
- Check the brakes, tyres and lighting are working.
- Adapt your speed to suit weather conditions.
- Wear reflective clothing in bad weather conditions and at night.
- Do not transport passengers; the bikes are designed to carry only one person.
- We recommend that you wear a cycling helmet and high visibility clothing.
- You must adhere to the Terms and Conditions.
- To use Coca-Cola Zero dublinbikes, you must be at least 14 years of age (minimum height: 1.5M).
- Public liability insurance covering cycling related accidents is recommended to use the service.
- When returning your bike, ensure that it is locked correctly on its stand.
- Use the anti-theft device if you are leaving your bike for a short period.
- You must return your bike within 24 hours. After that, the guarantee of €150 will be debited and the bike will be reported stolen.
- Do not lend the bike or your subscription card to any other person (you are bound by the Terms and Conditions).